COSMETOLOGY CROSS OVER TO BARBERING CURRICULUM DESCRIPTION-
The curriculum for students enrolled in the Barber crossover course for cosmetologists shall consist of two hundred (200) hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering all those barber practices that are NOT a part of the required training or practice of a cosmetologist. The primary purpose of this course is to train the students in the basic manipulative skills on shaving, rest facials, safety judgments, proper paper work habits and desirable attitude to pass the State Board Examination and for competency in job entry level positions in barbering or related career field.
The barber crossover course for cosmetologists is designed to prepare students to pass the State Licensing examination and to secure employment in the barbering or other related career field
Upon completion of the course requirements, a student graduate will be able to:
1. Perform the basic manipulative skills such as: shavings, shaping, rest facials etc.
2. Understand sterilization and sanitation procedures.
3. Understand employer- employee relationship and respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received.
4. Practice proper grooming, effective communication skills, visual poise, professional ethics, and salesmanship.
5. Have a better understanding of the Barbering and Cosmetology Rules and Regulations.
When a student has completed the 200 hours, the required theory hours and practical operations in Barbering, with a GPA of “C” (70%) or better, he or she is awarded a diploma certifying his or her graduation. The school will assist the student in completing the necessary documents to file for the appropriate State of California Barbering and Cosmetology Boexamination. All institutional charges must be paid in full prior to graduation