With both licenses under your possession you will be able to make money from all clients.
The curriculum for students enrolled in the crossover course for barbers shall consist of a minimum of three hundred (300) hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering all practices of those cosmetology practices that are NOT part of the required training or practice of a barber. The primary purpose of this course is to train the students in the basic manipulative skills on all phases of nails, facials, make up, safety judgments, proper paper work habits and practices of a cosmetologist and desirable attitude to pass the State Board Examination and for competency in job entry level positions in cosmetology or related career field.
The Cosmetology crossover course for barbers is designed to prepare students to pass the State Licensing examination and to secure employment in the cosmetology or related career field.
Upon completion of the course requirements, a student graduate will be able to:
1. Perform the basic manipulative skills such as: haircutting, hair styling, shaping, bleaching, tinting, permanent waving, facials, make up and nails etc. .
2. Understand sterilization and sanitation procedures.
3. Understand employer- employee relationship and respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received.
4. Practice proper grooming, effective communication skills, visual poise, professional ethics, and salesmanship.
5. Have a better understanding of the Barbering and Cosmetology Rules and Regulations.
When a student has completed the 300 hours, the required theory hours and practical operations in Cosmetology, with a GPA of “C” (70%) or better, he or she is awarded a diploma certifying his or her graduation. The school will assist the student in completing the necessary documents to file for the appropriate State of California Barbering and Cosmetology examination. All institutional charges must be paid in full prior to graduation